Question: Pain in area of healed cut

wolf426 - Thu May 12, 2005 12:22 pm

I cut my shin a few months ago when a glass globe fell from my fan. I probably could of used a few stitches, but a family friend who is a nurse put butterfly strips on the cut. It healed fine with a thin 1" scar. The cut never really even hurt when it happened, but for a few weeks after, it would hurt quite a bit if I bumped it. I never found all of the glass from the globe. I still get sudden pains in my leg around the area but not always in the same spot. I was wondering if I may have some glass in my leg and if it was important to get it checked out? If so, would glass show up in an xray? At the time, I didn't think of the possibility of glass in my leg because it hit right on the shin bone and I didn't ever feel anything in my leg. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Sat May 14, 2005 3:13 pm

Get an X-ray done otherwise you might land up with a condition called implantation dermoid later on.
 wolf426 - Tue May 17, 2005 12:33 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. I went ahead and called my doctor for an appointment because I don't want any future problems. The office told me that they didn't have x-ray machines at their office but that glass wouldn't show up anyway. I'm not exactly sure if anything will be resolved with the appointment because I can't feel the glass in my leg - just suspect that's what is causing the pain. Thanks for your information. Leslie.

|