News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Pain in area of healed cut

wolf426 - Thu May 12, 2005 12:22 pm

I cut my shin a few months ago when a glass globe fell from my fan. I probably could of used a few stitches, but a family friend who is a nurse put butterfly strips on the cut. It healed fine with a thin 1" scar. The cut never really even hurt when it happened, but for a few weeks after, it would hurt quite a bit if I bumped it. I never found all of the glass from the globe. I still get sudden pains in my leg around the area but not always in the same spot. I was wondering if I may have some glass in my leg and if it was important to get it checked out? If so, would glass show up in an xray? At the time, I didn't think of the possibility of glass in my leg because it hit right on the shin bone and I didn't ever feel anything in my leg. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Sat May 14, 2005 3:13 pm

Get an X-ray done otherwise you might land up with a condition called implantation dermoid later on.
 wolf426 - Tue May 17, 2005 12:33 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. I went ahead and called my doctor for an appointment because I don't want any future problems. The office told me that they didn't have x-ray machines at their office but that glass wouldn't show up anyway. I'm not exactly sure if anything will be resolved with the appointment because I can't feel the glass in my leg - just suspect that's what is causing the pain. Thanks for your information. Leslie.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here