News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: eczema????

chizzlelee - Fri May 27, 2005 9:50 am

Hello all,

i posted a few weeks ago about my having a fungal infection on the lips...well i did go to the doctors office and he was no help at all....he just said that "it is a recurrence of the fungus..." and prescribed me some more 'nystatin' .... well it's been three weeks and the lips are not feeling any better.....could it be something else.....i had this infection last year and by three weeks it would have completely healed......could the doctor have mis diagnosed me?? i was doing some research online and i'm really thinkin my lip condition is caused by eczema....i read the symptoms and looked at some pictures---exactly what i have.....**but not quite as awful..**

here are some symptoms i have...

itchy lips, red, swollen, tender feelings, crusting -- overnight, and when i wake up it's horrible...i think my lips are crusting because there's some liquid that's being produced--sick i know....

i'm going to go back to the doctors office today and ask him to see if it is eczema....he said he'd refer me to a dermatologist if my lips were not better by this week....but there's a 2 week waiting period to see dermatologists here....urgh....i can't wait that long..i need answers now...

lee
 chizzlelee - Fri May 27, 2005 11:40 am

i think i just healed myself lol.....i rubbed some benadryl on my lips...and magically my lips are no longer itchy and swollen *they feel a million times better...i should've tried this a few weeks ago.....i'm beginning to doubt the diagnosis that the doc gave.....

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here