News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Rough itchy skin keeps coming back!

BenjaminLok - Mon May 30, 2005 6:31 pm

Hi, for about two years now I've had really itchy skin on the back of my neck, which gets worse the more I itch it by getting darker, rougher, almost scaly, and uglier. When I saw the doctor about it he gave me this eumovate cream which healed the itch for a while when applied correctly, but no matter how long I do it for it eventually comes back. I think I am beginning to have similar problems like this from the neck downwards to my lower back.

Can anyone suggest any remedies?? or causes?
Thank you.

Ben :D
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon May 30, 2005 7:39 pm

User avatar Ben,

It sounds like eczema - it's not just dry skin, it is an inflammation. It is caused by the body, not an allergen. Unfortunately, there is no cure for it; steroidal creams such as eumovate are what you need to clear it up. Eczema rarely happens once; it tends to be a chronic condition. It may clear up for a good while, but then become inflamed again.

Stress tends to bring on flareups. Have you seen a dermatologist?
 BenjaminLok - Tue May 31, 2005 4:31 pm

Hi thanks for the reply! I haven't seen a dermatologist yet, although going on what you said it doesn't sound like much of a serious matter. I guess I'll just apply that cream when necessary, try and control stress, and take better care of my skin...I been searching the net for good ways to do this so it shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope.

Thanks. :D

Ben

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here