Question: Need to keep my skin clear

SteelCurtn75 - Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:28 pm

Hey I've got my senior pictures coming up in about a week and I was wondering if there's anything I can do to clear up some small pimples on my face and prevent any more from showing up
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:38 pm

User avatar Talk to your doctor/dermatologist about a short course of antibiotics to clear it.
 FLAEMT - Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:30 pm

Being a person dealing with acne my whole young adult life, I can tell you that the best course of treatment for clearing acne quickly is an antibiotic such as doxycyclin. However, what I have noticed with this medication is that it's rapid effectiveness also has a short long term effectiveness. It actually helped me very much for the first month after stopping treatment but then my acne seemed to get worse than before I started. If they are small pimples jsut use some of your sister or mothers make-up concealer for the prom, and ask your dermatologist to start you on a topical antibiotic and retinoid and see how that works out for you before you start on an oral antibiotic treatment.

-FLAEMT