News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Neck Rash

luscire - Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:06 pm

I have had a reoccuring neck rash for about 2 months now and I can't figure out what is causing it. It all started one morning when I woke up and I had a bunch of bumps on the right side of my neck. It took a couple weeks for it to go away the first time and I was free of the rash for about 2 weeks. The rash appear again last week on a saturday but went away in two days. Well this last sunday I woke up with it again and when waking up on monday it was the worse I have seen it yet with the rash covering almost the whole right side of my neck.

My symptoms are red bumps sorta like pimples in different shapes but you can tell it's a rash because the area is all red and they seem to appear all at once instead of a gradual thing. I've tried many things to try and get rid of it, I thought it might be an allegeric reaction so I've tried eliminating certain things I eat or drink. I've also tried not wearing a shirt or taking off the sheets and pillow cases off my bed. I always seem to just wake up and it's there, like it happens over night so I thought maybe it's something like my sheets and such had too much detergent when I washed them. Anyways I've looked up all kinds of different rashes on several sites and none of them seem to fit what I have. The rash only appears on the right to the middle of my neck, it doesn't appear on the left side at all and no where else on my body. If anyone has a clue as to what it could be it would be much appreciated.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:15 am

You have not stated if the rash is itchy, worse at night or disturbs sleep.
Do you wear a necklace? If so, what material is it made of? Any previous history of eczema? Can you provide close-up views?

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 banana42 - Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:50 pm

It sounds like that's the same kind of rash i got today.
This is the first time I have it.
It started last night with what looked like mosquito bites on my neck. This morning I woke up and I still had them and they were beggining to get awefuly itchy. Later in the day at like around 4pm it got very worse. Right now I can't stand it because it is very itchy and the affected areas feel kind of hot. I'm trying not to itch as much as possible because it seems like it gets worse as I do.
I have the "rash" all over my neck, back around my armpits and inner thighs.
Any help or information is greatly appreciated.
 KENDO - Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:43 pm

Hello my rash started the same way. On my neck and it was real itchy and it spread, i was currently sick with mono at the time and the doctor said it was shingles, then the shingles medicine CALMOSEPTIN gave me sum crazy rash on top of the shingles. NOw they say jus put aveeno on it. i have had the rash for 4 wekeks and no change. he said it would only of lasted a week. Do i need a new medicine or wat. I cant go to school without covering my neck and it realy stinks. If anyone know wat i should do leave a response or Chevronken@yahoo.com

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here