Question: calcium deposits

Taara - Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:21 pm

Not sure if this is the correct forum and to tell you the truth I am not sure what it would actually go under.

I had surgery 12/03 on my left eye. I went to a dermatolgist b/c my eye was bothering me (dry, itchie, watery and it was tender to rub).It just showed up one day and kept growing larger. I talked things over with him and he sent me to an eye surgeon/plastic surgeon. What I was told was that I had a calcium deposit above my eyelid close to my nose.

My mom had 2 of these, one under each eye about 20 years ago. She had surgery on them and they have never returned. Now with my surgery, in my own words on what he did, he pulled the white/yellowish colored skin away from my eye and cut the skin off. stiched it and sent me on my way. After this surgery, I moved out of state for a year. My health insurance ended due to my job closing right after my surgery.

After a few months after my surgery, it came back and it is now worse then it was before. Now I have noticed a tiny spot under the same eye, in which I believe to be another one and will start growing soon.

Is there any way I can get these to stop? What causes them? I really need them to stop and I need them to go away.

I thank you for your time and any advice. Like I mentioned before if this is not the right place for this topic, please tell me who/where to ask.

Thank you
Lori
 Taara - Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:12 pm

Not trying to bump this to get in trouble. I know people are busy b/c there are a lot of people seeking help.

With no reply or anything yet, I am just trying to make sure this is in the right area for someone to try and answer/help.

|