Question: tiny red spot on my cheek bone

tzz - Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:36 pm

In June i got punched in the cheek bone of my left face. At first it swelled up but not very much. Then it was a little scratch, and then that scratch became a scab or clot its like a brown colored thing that can be scratched off. I waited 1 week and the swelling disappeared and so did the brown thing fell off. But there is a tiny red spot and its still there for 1 month, My mother said it should go away within 4 to 6 months. What should I do? Will it go away like she said?

thank you
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:19 am

Your description is vague, does it look like a little blood blister? If so, it will take months to disappear. If it starts to bother you by itching, hurting, oozing liquid or blood, looking like something is in it, growing or changing in any other way that is alarming than you or you get a fever, you should see a doctor about it. Don’t pick on it, let it heal by itself so you don’t increase the chances of getting a scar from it. It may go away a lot sooner if it isn’t bothered.
 tzz - Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:48 pm

Its not bleeding at all, or any of these, it just looks like a very small faded red spot. Do you know what it is?

|