Question: Bad acne scar on inner leg? Had for over a year

Pynopaline - Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 pm

Okay this is kinda wierd so I don't know if anyone else has had this before,
Over a year ago I started to develop a large pimple on my inner thigh, I've had a few ingrown
hairs there before but nothing this bad. It was a REALLY deep infection and eventually,after about a month of having it I managed to pop it, it wasn't the regular white puss that came out but rather a thick black puss. I thought the problem was gone but more than a year later I have a huge scar over it and if you feel around on top of the scar it feels almost "hollow" for a good part underneath. Where a couple of hair follicals were it looks like the skin has been pinched together and you can literally get a bobby-pin and fit it right in there, like its a tiny hole! Is there any way to get rid of this type of scarring? or will it eventually heal in time? It is really quite bothersome to feel like I have a "hole" in my leg after 1 ingrown hair!. (As far as past acne, I had, had acne as a child on my back and face and got treatment for it and now rarly have it). Any suggestions on how to prevent the ingrown hairs on my inner thigh? I don't shave or anything they just pop up. :?:
 AMBER_KINGSLAND - Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:36 pm

I have had this strange red spot on my hand for a few weeks, it does'nt get lighter or darker, and isn't scaly or risen up it reminds me of a burn mark on my hand but I didn't burn my hand. It doesnt itch or hurt and it's kinda odd shaped. I was just curious on what it could be?
 sambabe - Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:14 pm

I have the exact thing that you are describing! I really think it is acne from being a thick chick and your inner thighs rub together creating lots of heat and moisture..im not exactly sure why it all happens and why the hollow feeling after but its definitly not comfortable or attractive! :cry:
 nursie3205 - Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:09 am

How large was this pimple? Did it get very red around it, and was it very sore and painful to touch? I am doing some research on this topic myself. I had the same type of pimples on my left arm, except mine were small and then seemed to spread after I squeezed the first one. The next day, I had like eight bigger ones on my arm. They were sore and painful to touch. The surrounding skin was very red and raised. I have seen four doctors regarding this problem, one of which diagnosed me with furunculosis, which is a staph infection around hair follicles which causes a boil, like the ones I am describing. He prescribed Keflex, and told me to use hot compresses on my arm to ease the pain. I did what the doc said, but the next day they were even bigger. I drained them myself at home with a sterilized needle, being as I am a nurse, I knew how to do this. Upon opening them, a nasty greenish-yellow infection oozed out. I poured undiluted household bleach on my arm, which as a nurse I would never suggest doing, but I couldnt stand to leave it alone. (Human nature I guess). About two hours later they started drying and scabbing up. But now I have these tiny craters on my arm which itch like crazy. My arm is almost healed now, but I know it will scar. Maybe our ailments are related. I will keep u posted on anything new that I find out and please do the same for me.

nursie3205

|