News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: WART??

ibanezjem - Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:55 am

First i want to say Thank You to all the doctors that reply to all of our post, They are great!! Well i noticed a little wart of some kind on my penis about a half inch up from my pubic region, it seems to be a little wart that wont go away. I've been married 4 years now and only been with my wife, so i don't know what to do.If it is something i can take care of on my own i would rather do that. Is it a wart? Its just like a tiny bumb(looks like a wart) my wife thinks it is to. Any reason how i got a wart there? or how i can get rid of it? Any help would be wonderful.. I also want to thank Dr. Tamer Fouad for all his help!!! and advise...
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:25 pm

User avatar ibanezjem,
Thank you for your kind words!
The bump may or may not be a genital wart. The doctor who can tell you best is a dermatologist.

Even if it is a wart, it doesn't mean you caught it via sexual transmission. Warts can appear on fingers, legs, and genitals. I understand your perplexity, but you don't have to worry about that.

I would suggest that you be checked to see if it is a wart. If your wife goes for regular Pap smears, as she should anyway, then she will be checked too.

Whatever the bump is, the doctor can remove it very easily.
Best wishes,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here