News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: what's wrong with me?

kmfs - Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:51 am

I'm not sure which 'forum' I should be posting this in, but I guess this one is as good as any.
When I was about 18 (8 years ago) I developed a 'rash' on my face (on my checks, up the bridge of my nose and about halfway across both eyebrows). The rash seems to get worse when I spend a lot of time in the sun, and it does itch /flake a bit. Over the years it has come and gone. However, I am now 26 years old. and it seems as if my 'rash' is present more than ever. I have also been having multiple (perhaps unrelated) problems as well (frequent headaches, persistent canker sores, I'm tired ALL of the time, and pain in my hips and knees).
I do not have any health insurance, and I have never had a doctor look at my face (I can usually hide the rash under a slather of make-up). Do you have any idea what this may be?
 sp9295 - Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:55 pm

My husband has this itching problem in the area around his groin and upper thigh where the thigh meets the groin. He has a bath every morning and is perfectly fine the whole day. But once he is back from work and removes his trunks he starts scratching very harshly, there is also a very bad odor to his groin in the evenings- something like rotten eggs. I have tried to take him to a dermatologist but he refuses every time as he is too embarassed that the complete area around his groin has gone dark. He also has these rashes on his face, back and chest. Small red bubbles are seen with white heads on them, they last a day or two and then vanish. I am very worried about this and don't know what to do. Is this infectious? Can medicines / ointments be bought over the counter without a prescription or over the internet? Please advise.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here