Question: what's wrong with me?

kmfs - Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:51 am

I'm not sure which 'forum' I should be posting this in, but I guess this one is as good as any.
When I was about 18 (8 years ago) I developed a 'rash' on my face (on my checks, up the bridge of my nose and about halfway across both eyebrows). The rash seems to get worse when I spend a lot of time in the sun, and it does itch /flake a bit. Over the years it has come and gone. However, I am now 26 years old. and it seems as if my 'rash' is present more than ever. I have also been having multiple (perhaps unrelated) problems as well (frequent headaches, persistent canker sores, I'm tired ALL of the time, and pain in my hips and knees).
I do not have any health insurance, and I have never had a doctor look at my face (I can usually hide the rash under a slather of make-up). Do you have any idea what this may be?
 sp9295 - Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:55 pm

My husband has this itching problem in the area around his groin and upper thigh where the thigh meets the groin. He has a bath every morning and is perfectly fine the whole day. But once he is back from work and removes his trunks he starts scratching very harshly, there is also a very bad odor to his groin in the evenings- something like rotten eggs. I have tried to take him to a dermatologist but he refuses every time as he is too embarassed that the complete area around his groin has gone dark. He also has these rashes on his face, back and chest. Small red bubbles are seen with white heads on them, they last a day or two and then vanish. I am very worried about this and don't know what to do. Is this infectious? Can medicines / ointments be bought over the counter without a prescription or over the internet? Please advise.

|