News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: flat white spots-back,chest in summer

drymr - Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:10 am

Hi,
I have been getting flat, smooth, white spots on my chest which are getting bigger everyday. I've noticed this in recent years 2-3, always summer. They start at about 1/4 inch and grow to about 1/2 inch. They seem to appear in small groupings, on my chest, upper and now lower back. But on my lower back, they are joining together. I have never seen this and was shocked when I recently saw this. It is rapidly getting worse, despite my constant cleansing, changing sheets and clean t-shirts and putting antifungal cream all over it. In the past I have had this and doctors told me to use this OTC cream. That isn't working now.

More spots are appearing around my breasts and chest. Could it be a viral or immune thing, or a heat/sweat thing(as doctor's in the past told me), as I work out, tan and was at the beach this summer. But the back thing is bad. I'v recently been diagnosed with hpv and wondering if that is contributing to it...my imune system is weak and perhaps cannot fight this?

Why isn't this going away and what can I do to stop it, I'm baffled.
Any ideas I would so gladly appreciate, I have no health insurance right now and can't go to a doctor.
Thanks so much
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:34 am

Hello Drymr,

are these white rashes itchy or not? does it itch when you sweat or under very warm conditions? if you answered YES to all of these questions, you most likely are suffering from a fungal infection. You can use sulfur soap for cleaning these affected areas. These rashes will resolve in a few months' time if the soap is used continuously. Do continue your personal hygiene: constant cleansing, use of clean clothes, linens, etc. and also, no clothes sharing in the mean time for preventive care reasons.

MD

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here