Question: Itchy pussy blisters on bottom of foot

ams24 - Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:05 pm

Help, I am a carpenter and on my feet all day long. When fall and winter hits I get a pussy blister on the bottom of my right foot. It starts out small (size of a dime) and get large (size of a dollar). When it is in blister form it itches so bad i can't stand it, and Ii can hardly sleep at night. Then when it gets bigger the blister will break open and it hurts. The skins peels off and is red and sore. I get it every year and I don't know what it is, or how to stop the itching. Please help.

ams24
 footscreen - Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:58 pm

It sounds like you have some form of tinea pedis (athletes foot), frequently once the skin breaks down you get an overlying bacterial infection. The first thing to do is clear up the bacteria, can do betadine soaks (if no allergies to iodine), and use a topical antibiotic cream (not oinment), then deal with the fungus using a topical antifungal cream. If the topical does not work, then see your doctor about an oral antifungal cream.

|