News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: MY FEET ARE KILLING ME!!!

carpenter - Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:17 pm

I am a 30yr. old carpenter. I have never had anything like this before. It started as a rash on my arch on my left foot. It is now cracking and bleeding. It is also spreading to my hands, arms, back, tops of my feet and my legs. I work outside in the heat everyday. I have been to a gen. pract. the meds. he gave me didnt work so i went to the dermatologist. He said it was a heat rash, however, he only spent five min. with me and just glanced at it. He gave me some sort of shot,some allegra, antifungul pills, and some green ointment. It has been a week and it is getting worse. My feet are starting to bleed. whatever this is , it's eating through my skin on my feet and my fingers. If anyone has a clue as to what this might be PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! I'm desperate. I have a family to support and cant take off work.
I cant deal with this pain much longer !!! :( [/b]
 DeLWolcott - Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:50 pm

I suggest taking this problem to your family physician. This sounds like something that could possibly show up in blood testing. I know you don't want to hear this, but you may need to take at least a couple of days off so your feet can be wrapped as they heal. You may NOT have to do this, but prepare just in case. If you have weekends off, get to a physician as soon as you can and start the treatment ASAP.

This is very concerning since it is spreading over your entire body, so please. Even if you have to go to one of the 24-hour clinics to get evaluation started this weekend or whenever you have a couple of days off, it would be wise.

Start with the root of medicine and they can work their way up to the actual diagnosis and treatment. Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here