News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: SORES and ITCHY SKIN

Emeraldoz - Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:43 am

I just moved into my best friend's home about 3 weeks ago. Sometime last week, I started to get itchy skin in my inner thighs, buttocks and pubic area. The itching is uncontrollable and creating little bumps and now little bruises are appearing in those areas.......

Also, when erect, my penis (shaft) began to itch also. now there are about 4 tiny pin head sized sores on my shaft that are dark in the middle and reddish around the edges and they're perfectly round. Last week, I did have a small laceration on my foreskin from chaffing from dry skin and masturbation and became a full blown open scab a few days ago.

I've been feeling fine this whole time and my lymph nodes in my groin just feel normal, but I can feel them when i press hard.

I did put some Polysporin on the LARGE sore and the small ones and it's slowly healing but I can still see the small sores..... Is this an STD?
 JenevaRN - Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:31 am

Based on your description, you may possibly have pubic lice, which are usually transmitted venereally. Check yourself out carefully - the lice themselves are hard to see, but the nits (thier eggs) may be visible at the base of the hairs and sometimes on the skin. You can also check your underwear for lice excrement which may show up as minute dark brown specks expecially in the areas of your underwear that come in contact with your genitals. Lice must be thoroughly removed to cure the condition - even 1 nit can keep an infestation going. You can manually remove the lice and nits with a special comb, however before you use any medicinal treatments go see your doctor, given the location of the infestation, you will probably not want to use any harsh chemicals in that region of your body. Also - don't forget to clean everything that comes in contact with your body - especially your bedsheets, underwear, pants, ect. There are delousing treatments available for clothing and bedding and such, however you will get equal results from thorough laundering or dry cleaning. Unfortunately, reoccourance of this issue is common, and you will probably want to discuss this course of treatment with any sexual partners for their sake and yours.
 Emeraldoz - Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:37 pm

THanks for the respose. I have actually been checking for Public LIce this whole week and there's nothingn even when I use the special comb. I don't know what to do..

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here