Question: Infected? ingrown hair. Need Help.

hockeyplayin89 - Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:05 pm

I've had this ingrown hair for some time now. It never bothered me so I never tried to fix it. It was really small. Recently it has gotten huge. I talked to a friend and she said to try to pull the little hairs. I got some tweezers and did so. I got this really small hair, I pulled on it and it came out, with this white stuff on the root. What does this mean?

This bump is getting smaller daily. I put hot compresses on it for a while and look for hairs. Am I doing this correctly? Should I pull all the hairs out in that area? Would it heal faster?

Please Help.
 MichaelNC - Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:58 pm

The hair was infected and the white stuff was puss. It should continue to shrink, and eventually heal.
 hockeyplayin89 - Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:03 am

Thank you for the quick reply. I hope it heals, its been hurting, except for today and yesterday

|