News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: 7 year mystery

DT0619 - Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:34 pm

I am 22 years old. Since I have been 14, i have had irregular periods, and in the past 2 years, i have not had a period at all. In 1998, my lab tests showed high amounts of DHEA sulfate, Cortisol, Prolactin, and testosterone. A 3 day dexamethisone test was done and i had a positive response... very tomporarily... i was also taking bromocriptine for the prolactin, which i had no response to. I now have recurrent severe headaches mostly on the right side of my temple and head. My medical history also includes carcinoma in situ of the cervix(dec. 2003), a very premature delivery of my daughter (born at 26 weeks gestation, jan 2002), and an appendectomy(july 2004). For some reason, everytime i go to the doctor, they run tests and things come out normal, but no one ever has any answers as to why this is happening. i'm afraid i may have a pituitary tumor, or i am at risk for infertility. what's going on? what steps can i take to find out? and did i have my daughter early becuase of a possible pituitary failure that made me produce too much oxytocin? please help.
 DT0619 - Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:09 am

by the way, i am also developing a fatty hump on my upper back between the shoulder blades

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here