Question: swollen "something" at front of ear and on back of

full of hope - Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:21 pm

I have a painful swelling around my ear (actually near top of ear) and one on the back of my head. The one on the back of my head came up first and was very painful. The pain was going down my neck. Then this morning I found another one feels the same and hurts the same between my ear lobe and top of ear. I am not sure how to explain the location but it is on my face just below cheek bone. I don't have insurance and I am scared of what it may be. All I have researched on it points to swollen lymph nodes and some type of cancer. Could this be possible?

Scared (but)
Full of hope
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:12 am

User avatar Hi full of hope,
Generally speaking, enlarged lymph nodes that are tender to touch usually indicate an infectious origin. Have you had a recent sinus, ear infection etc.? Most states have hospitals/clinics that provide services, free or at a reduced cost usually based on income. Notify your Department of Public Health and inquire about health services and options. Click here!
I hope this has been somewhat helpful.

|