News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: swollen "something" at front of ear and on back of

full of hope - Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:21 pm

Hello,
I have a painful swelling around my ear (actually near top of ear) and one on the back of my head. The one on the back of my head came up first and was very painful. The pain was going down my neck. Then this morning I found another one feels the same and hurts the same between my ear lobe and top of ear. I am not sure how to explain the location but it is on my face just below cheek bone. I don't have insurance and I am scared of what it may be. All I have researched on it points to swollen lymph nodes and some type of cancer. Could this be possible?

Sincerely,

Scared (but)
Full of hope
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:12 am

User avatar Hi full of hope,
Generally speaking, enlarged lymph nodes that are tender to touch usually indicate an infectious origin. Have you had a recent sinus, ear infection etc.? Most states have hospitals/clinics that provide services, free or at a reduced cost usually based on income. Notify your Department of Public Health and inquire about health services and options. Click here!
I hope this has been somewhat helpful.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here