Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: diabetes test

nicemom - Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:24 pm

My mother has diabetes and she checked my blood sugar with her blood sugar checker. I was not aware until later that day that she had checked her cousins blood sugar before me and did not change out the lancer. Should I be concerned about transmitted deseases. He has used drugs withh needles in the past and also been sexually active in the past. should i start on a series of medications to prevent any deseases. I am nursing and don't want stop unless i really should.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:07 pm

User avatar Yes, there is a concern for diseases this way, espicially high risk due to drug use with needles. You need to be tested as soon as possible for all STDs including Hepatitis B and HIV.
 nicemom - Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:11 pm

I have decided to get on the medicine that you get on for three weeks after you have been in a high risk situation. But I had forgotten that I had intercourse with my husband within 24 hours of being stuck with the lancer. should he take the medicine as well? He is against it and thinks there is nothing to worry about and is humoring me about the three weeks of medication. Wont I risk being infected anyway if he doesn't take it?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:22 am

User avatar Yes, you would reinfect yourself if you have passed any STDs onto your husband. BOTH of you need to be tested as soon as possible.

|