News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: nipple lumps going on 4 years now

no_fear - Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:32 am

Hey i know there have been alot of topics about this but i didnt actually find an answer to my questions in any of them.

basically, a bit over 4 years ago i noticed a lump under 1 nipple that made the nipple alot bigger than the other. They have been on an off, and now they are under both nipples, and my nipples are usually kinda big and dark (puffy). This is more so to my left nipple.
When they get cold or i press them they go hard and look normal. I went to see this friend of my mums whos a doctor and she dismissed any chance its breast cancer, but i also want them to go away because theyre embarassing.

My questions are: is there anything i can do about these lumps?
If there isnt, will they go away eventually? And will my nipples look normal and not puffy once theyre gone.
p.s. they are also embarassing because i am getting into shape now and they make it look like im fatter than i am..

Thanks alot for the help
 no_fear - Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:23 pm

Upon inspection ive discovered that the lump is only under one nipple. The right nipple seems to have tiny bits almost in a circle around it but no lump.
The actual lump however is under the left nipple and im worried thats its not so much a lump but shaped more like a circular tube (like a very narrow circular tube). It is also not directly under the nipple, it is slightly to the left, and I have heard this can be bad.
Any help is appreciated

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here