Question: Leg bruising they are saying is an autoimmune disease! HUH??

Daysma - Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:39 am

was recently in the hospital with an undiagnosed rash that turned my whole legs black and blue, at first they were concerned with flesh eating disease. I was in hospital 10 day undergoing numerous tests. Now almost 3 weeks after getting out of the hospital, my lower legs are bruising all over, with some bruising just above and around my knees. My legs hurt extremely bad, I am using 2 tyelnol #3's every 4 hours and it still feels like I have deep charley horses, for lack of a better description. My legs are also very weak, I actually fell the other day as my right thigh muscle just gave way. My doctor tells me I have myalgia, which really is just leg pain. It seems more than this to me but I don't want to become one of "those people" who rush to the ER and waste their time if this is nothing urgent. I am unable to walk long periods and stairs kill me, I am crawling up them. I work 6 days a week and can not afford anymore time off, what can be causing this?? Please help as each day there are new bruises and more pain. As a side note, while in hospital they did many blood tests and liver function was perfectly fine. I am soo frustrated now though! The doctor has prescribed the T3's as I refuse to take anything stronger and Elavil for "myalgia" ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
I have no Back pain at all or hip pain, it does not hurt to sit at all in case you thought this was from my back at all, I have been asked that before.
 Daysma - Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:41 am

[quote="Daysma"]was recently in the hospital with an undiagnosed rash that turned my whole legs black and blue, at first they were concerned with flesh eating disease. I was in hospital 10 day undergoing numerous tests. Now almost 3 weeks after getting out of the hospital, my lower legs are bruising all over, with some bruising just above and around my knees. My legs hurt extremely bad, I am using 2 tyelnol #3's every 4 hours and it still feels like I have deep charley horses, for lack of a better description. My legs are also very weak, I actually fell the other day as my right thigh muscle just gave way. My doctor tells me I have myalgia, which really is just leg pain. It seems more than this to me but I don't want to become one of "those people" who rush to the ER and waste their time if this is nothing urgent. I am unable to walk long periods and stairs kill me, I am crawling up them. I work 6 days a week and can not afford anymore time off, what can be causing this?? Please help as each day there are new bruises and more pain. As a side note, while in hospital they did many blood tests and liver function was perfectly fine. I am soo frustrated now though! The doctor has prescribed the T3's as I refuse to take anything stronger and Elavil for "myalgia" ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
I have no Back pain at all or hip pain, it does not hurt to sit at all in case you thought this was from my back at all, I have been asked that before. My doctor has put me on high dose, 120 mg per day of prednisone to supress my immune system in the hopes this will help. I have lost a kidney and have had a hysterectomy that they contribute to my own antibodies attacking my body! Any ideas on how to stop this??

|