News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Cushings or PCOD

joann9298 - Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:17 pm

Im 27 years old I have seen an Endo for several symptoms to Cushings. I have done some blood work and the only thing that is coming out high is Cholesterol 202 H NR0-200 and CO2 31 H NR 22-30. I was told according to these results its possible that i have PCOD and since i had an appt to see the ENDO that he can handle the results. The Endo that I saw ran a 24 hour UFC test he said that I have alot of symptoms of Cushings. I was just told that the results came back 30 something his words but that the test were sent out and still needed to be guaranteed. So I asked what was the next step he said that this was the one test to run to find it, and that I was expecting a miracle and i was not gonna find one. He told me he could give me provera to start having a menstrual and a diabetic medication to treat PCOD. I am not looking for a miracle just answers. I want to feel like a normal 27 year old. I have a follow up on the 1st of March and would like to be prepared with questions. I feel like im not getting him to listen or look at the BIG picture. I don't know if I should just agree about being treated for PCOD and not actually have it. What other steps can i suggest and what questions should i be asking. Please any info would help
 whiskeygyrl - Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:24 pm

joanne, can you please tell me why you think you may have cushing's? What are your symptoms?
 joann9298 - Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:05 pm

I have a tendency to gain weight suddenly. I have started to measure around my stomach and in less then a month my abdomen grew 10 inches. In the last in 7 months I gained 50 lbs. I have a rash or hives that wont go away. My face is very full, I have acnee, I have facial hair growing on the upper lip, forehead and cheek area. I have a hump on my upper back neck area. I have skin darking around my neck. I have high blood pressure, rapid heart, depression, fatigue, weakness. mood swings . I urinate alot and very thirsty, I have not had a period in 2 yrs and 9 months. I have headaches everyday. my feet hurt i was told its planter fasciitis. One of my breasts is lactating.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here