News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Gynecomastia - embarassed

embarassed85 - Sun May 09, 2004 3:11 am

Hi.

I am 19 years old male.
I was looking thru the web a while ago and i realised that i have a condition called Gynecomastia. It is, indeed, very embarassing.

My chest/breasts are big and im very embarassed and hence i only choose to wear looser and bigger shirts so as to hide my "disablitity". It is also embrassing to walk against the wind or run.

I have this condition since a very young age, and i reckon it is a genetic thing passed down from my mum's side of the family, of which a few of my cousins are suffering from the same condition.

Other possible causes of the condition might be that im asthmatic and had taken Ventolin and Volmax when i was young. Whether or not they contributed to the condition, i cant be sure.

I am 168cm in height and 78kgs in weight. I have just signed up for a gym-program which includes aerobics and other activities and I have decided to go on for 6 months. However, i just discovered Gynecomastia might not be cured by exercise and it led to me worrying that if my fat around my body is reduced, my "breasts" would become more apparent than ever.

I am so depressed right now. Could you tell me what are the things i could do to reduce Gynecomastia, apart from going under the knife (operation)?

Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Embarassed85.
 embarassed85 - Thu May 13, 2004 4:56 am

Please help. :(
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun May 23, 2004 12:44 pm

User avatar Please review the following post for an answer to your query:

Click here!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here