Question: Need help please

needhelp - Mon May 24, 2004 1:54 pm

For about 5 months, I have been having "episodes" of extreme weakness and fatigue/faint. During the episodes, my motor coordination slows down, like I am in a different time warp. My pulse slows down to 60 and it takes days to recover. My vision is also slightly blurred as if I need to change my contact prescription. My face also swells slightly and seems to do so more on the left side. At night sometimes, the "episodes" wake me up. I feel as if I am sinking into the earth. I have had one episode of vertigo. Before I was diagnosed with menieres, but since the vertigo attack I haven't seen my ear symptoms return.

It seems like everything is a little off. My thyroid is off slightly and I am on synthroid .50
My FSH test is 28.8, which concerns me because we are trying to have a child.
My vision is blurred and my eye doctor said that it wasn't my prescription.

I have had an MRI, eeg, and emg and they are all negative. The only other thing was a ck test which was a tiny bit high of around 468 I believe.

Now, I currently am having muscle twitches in my left calf, for over a week. Any suggestions. Neuro doctor said it wasn't neuro but hasn't seen me since the twitching>
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 24, 2004 4:58 pm

User avatar needhelp,
I hope you understand the limitations of diagnosis over the internet. They symptoms you describe may suggest hypothyroidism (hypothyroidism.htm" class="postlink">click here!. When was the last time you had your thyroid functions done and what were the results?

|