News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Is diabetes a concern for me

babygirl8679 - Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:33 pm

Hello I am a 26 year old female with a bunch of problems and I have addressed them in the gastro section of this website. I went to the ER with severe chest pains and nausea I thought I was having a heart attack but everything checked out ok. I did find out my gallbladder is functioning at 48% and could be the cause of my symptoms but I am scheduled for an ac1 fasting blood test for my all of the sudden extreme craving for sweets I cannot seem to get enough. I am not a sweet eater maybe a mini candybar every 6 mo or so and I am good to go I am a salt fan big time. I also suffer from constipation, I get a hot feeling from deep within alot lately not a fever but feels like I am burning from the inside out and I suffer from extremly cold hands and feet. When I was at the ER I had low blood sugar of 53 and had to drink two cups or oj with sugar packets mixed in and it brought my level back to 78 I have had blood tests done before and have had normal results should I pursue the diabetic issue? Is there another test better than ac1? Can anyone help me?
 babygirl8679 - Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:37 pm

I forgot to mention that I had a urine test done the other day and had alot of keytones and protein in my urine but I don't know if this is a concern or not the md didnt seem to concerned when I mentioned it to him but then again he doesnt seem to concerned about much of anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
 babygirl8679 - Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:59 am

Had a fasting a1c test today and it was 5.7% is that normal for a person who has not yet been diagnosed with diabetes? I have read on several other sites that it is not but information is either vague or spoken in a way in which I do not understand. If anyone could give me infomation I would greatly appreciate it. Even if I have to go to another site to get info please help.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here