Question: Lump in neck/other symptons

A77angel - Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:13 am

Hi there, I am a 19 year old female in good health, never sick...For about a year and a half now I have had a lump on the left side of my neck that has increased slightly and slowly over time. I went to a Otolaryngology (ENT) about 6 months ago who sepecialises in head and neck surgeries, and we had a ct-scan done, and everything came back normal prior to the cat scan i had two different antibiodicts with no change to the lump,and past blood tests looked normal i believe they were taken a little bit longer back....He recognized that their was something there but because nothing showed up in the ct-scan we postponed the possible needle aspiration...I am curious about other symptoms i have though and if they could be related to the lump in my neck...I have this thing where Say i eat, then sometimes as early as two hours after i eat, i get really nauseas and have to eat right away, usually its about 3-4 hours after i eat. I also get more headaches and neckpain..I am wondering if it is worth going in to get the needle aspiration as that would be my next step because I still find it strange this lump in my neck....Thank you so much for any advice...
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:25 am

User avatar Hi A77angel,
Where in particular is the lump located in your neck? Has any other diagnostic studies been mentioned? Ultrasounds can identify if an area is solid, cystic, and may be used with regarding needle aspirations. I would suggest inquiring about an ultrasound of the area.

|