News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: could these symptoms be hormone related

joeybubbles - Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi
I am a 45 y.o female who has had ringing in ears, motion sickness feeling and sensation of sunburned skin on arms and jaw for a little over a year. Also, menstruating every 21-26 days, increase in headaches and much worse pms symptoms with bloating and pain. I saw ent and neurologist.
I get frequent cold sores and take valtrex prn and otherwise only take a multivitamin. Only past surgery is c-section.

Mri of brain, auditory canals and spine normal. cbc, bmp, ana, sed rate, serum electrophoresis, crp normal. b12 was 311, cholesterol levels are always very low despite my diet high in fat. total 100, ldl 45, hdl 58 triglycerides 39. Ultrasound of pelvis showed pelvic congestion syndrome.

Family history is alzheimers, osteoporosis, breast ca and one aunt with diabetes.

Could the symptoms of tinnitus and burning skin be related to perimenopause or should I see an endocrinologist

thank you
 joeybubbles - Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:50 pm

forgot to add above that thyroid panel was normal and test for lyme normal

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here