News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: don't perspire

JKF - Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:38 pm

I have had a problem most all my life and here it is. I don't sweat. Hardly at all. So consequently I get extremely hot and cant take the heat at all. I talked to my doctor and he said it was something I just had to live with and there is nothing that can be done about it. Sort of a birth doctor. I like my doctor but I think there should be something that could be done about. I could easily have a heat stroke. No matter how hot I get I barely sweat at all. Mly face gets red as a beet. Is there anything that can be done about it? Thank you. JKF
 angel2close - Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:43 pm

JFK,
You most definitely need to get a second opinion on this. Perhaps your GP will refer you out to an endocrinologist. You need to tell your doc that just "living with it" is not the answer, you want and need to know why and what can be done to relieve this. If your doc will not do a referral or testing, go to another doctor.
You need to have a much better answer than the one he/she has given to you. Let us know what happens. We do care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here