Question: don't perspire

JKF - Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:38 pm

I have had a problem most all my life and here it is. I don't sweat. Hardly at all. So consequently I get extremely hot and cant take the heat at all. I talked to my doctor and he said it was something I just had to live with and there is nothing that can be done about it. Sort of a birth doctor. I like my doctor but I think there should be something that could be done about. I could easily have a heat stroke. No matter how hot I get I barely sweat at all. Mly face gets red as a beet. Is there anything that can be done about it? Thank you. JKF
 angel2close - Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:43 pm

JFK,
You most definitely need to get a second opinion on this. Perhaps your GP will refer you out to an endocrinologist. You need to tell your doc that just "living with it" is not the answer, you want and need to know why and what can be done to relieve this. If your doc will not do a referral or testing, go to another doctor.
You need to have a much better answer than the one he/she has given to you. Let us know what happens. We do care.

|