News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Strange symptoms!

dreiaw - Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:47 am

Hi, wondering if anyone has ideas about this. I'm hoping to get an appointment this next week to get it checked, but I'm really worried so far.

I'm a 29 years old, female. To start with, recently I have started a health program - I've stopped eating sweets, have cut back my "refined" foods, and have started exercising (yoga, and a strenuous walk about three times a week). On the weekends I walk in the hills or nature areas. At the start of this (about a month and a half ago) I was about 25 pounds or so overweight, I have since lost about five pounds and one and a half dress sizes. I seem to be getting into 'good shape' and toning up my muscles.

However, here is the weird part. I've always (since childhood) had hypoglycemia issues. Recently it has been really bad. Plus I have been having recurrent female infections. WHENEVER I eat anything with sugar, or high carb, my heart starts racing. Since I am a high risk (family, previous blood sugar issues) for type 2 diabetes, I'm going to be getting checked really soon.

What's really strange is that lately I have had a weird, "low grade flu" type bug on and off for weeks. It feels like I am "going to get sick", or "just getting over something", but I never really get sick per se. Then when I do get sick, I start feeling like I have a low fever.

Part of it is that consistently, every lymph node in my body seems to twinge or ache. I had a swollen lymph node in my neck which got really big, but it went down, then other ones started twinging. It's off and on. I've had little aches and twinges in practically every place off and on. I also sometimes get where my throat feels like it's going to close and I have to keep drinking, this is off and on, not constant.

The weird part is I DON'T REALLY FEEL SICK! Sometimes just this off and on 'eeehhh' feeling. Example, I just got back from a very strenuous hike in the hills in back of my house, and handled it just fine.

Sometimes my heart races at night, but this could be anxiety I suppose?

I am going to get checked out next week I hope. Anyway I am hoping someone writes to me, I am a little weirded out, I have never seriously (other than the blood sugar, and being overweight) had cause to worry seriously about my health before.

Thanks.

Dreia
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:06 am

Drastic, sudden changes to diet throws the body into total confusion. Hopefully this has cleared up for you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here