News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: continuing to sicken and depression and concern

papaw - Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:36 pm

I'm a female and 46 and was just diagnosed with diabetes. 7 yrs. ago diagnosed with hep. b..Last yr. I took 10 weeks of shots and couldn't stand the side effects so went on baraclude pills for a while and couldn't stand that either.....went off after 8 weeks. Diabetes runs in my family. I take avandamet and prevacid and have been diag. with gall stones for a few yrs. now. I take triamterene. Seems like internal organs and blood are working against me and falling apart slowly. I've been weakened and overly tired for years and am morbidly obese, too. All very much a concern...what's next if I continue on this pattern of a path? Blindness? Heart attack? Stroke? Doctors have already considered hysterectomy and my arthritis is acting up and today my hand started shaking involuntarily at rest....neuro. problems??
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:40 pm

User avatar Chronic illnesses such as yours can be very difficult to manage. Psychologically it can be quite difficult also.

I would strongly advise you to find an internal medicine (general adult) doctor that you feel comfortable enough to talk with about your concerns. There are several long term complications of diabetes including eye problems, heart problems and stroke as you mention. Proper management can help delay or prevent some of these problems from developing.

I am unable to say what issue you will face next, if any, based on your current symptoms.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here