News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: COULD THIS BE HYPOGLYCEMA?

amataele - Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:12 am

I Live a very hectic lifestyle and on top of that, I am a picky eater. Therefore, I skip alot of meals, occasionally even skip dinner and then breakfast the next day. I eat very little meat and alot of fast food. I have 3 children and during 2 of those pregnancies, I had very sever hyperemesis,which required hospitalization. Also during pregnancy, I have had anemia. Since, my eating habits are what they are, I do suffer from dizziness quite often. Well, twice in the last month and a half, I have had a week long bout of nausea, shakiness, severe headache, dizziness, slightly blurred vision, and sleepiness. I also woke up last night several times feeling like I hadn't even just been sleeping. (At the beggining of the last one, I also had an episode of vomiting, which occurred after my boyfriend told me to take some nyquil, so it may have just been the nyquil causing the vomiting.) I have had migraines in the past and am sure these are not migraines. The second episode ended today right after i ate half of a can of crushed pineapple. I forced myself to eat part of a sandwhich from subway and felt slightly better last night but within ten minutes of eating the pineapple today i was feeling 100% better, although wery weak. I don't have health insurance and so don't want to spend a bunch of money to go to the doctor if this is all just because of my eating habits or in some way psychological as someone i know has suggested.
Can anyone help?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:13 am

User avatar I understand your concern about spending money on medical assessment, being uninsured. Your vomiting bouts could be psychogenic or they could be due to a serious underlying disease. There is nothing I can tell you here that could clarify what the cause is without a direct medical examination. However, I think you should go for a blood glucose test but not to exclude hypoglycemia as much as to exclude the opposite, diabetes. Once that is cleared I would suggest that your eating habits be regulated. 3 meals a day of healthy food. You should also exercise once EVERY day. If after you do this you get another bout of vomiting you must seek medical help at once. It could be something more serious.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here