Question: Swollen Glands in my Lower back.

JWC1982 - Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:16 pm

I'm a 24 year old male. I was in a car accident when I was 15 and have had back problems since. I few weeks ago I went hiking and pulled some muscles in my lower back. Later that night, I noticed that there are 2 glands/lymph nodes on my lower back, close to my spine, that are swollen. They are both right at my waiste line. After I pulled the muscles, I contacted my Dr. who prescribed Soma, which I have taken on numerous occasions. The glands/lymph nodes are not sore anymore but are still there. They both feel like small bird eggs and can move around. The one on the left side is quite a bit larger than the other. I've had X-Rays of my back prior to this and there has never been anything to show up. Since the swelling has gone down, is there reason for me to be worried?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 28, 2007 2:45 pm

User avatar It may be that you have some scarring of the muscles from your accident causing the lumps you are feeling. Another possibility is that you have a lipoma (a small fat cell tumor that is benign). Lipomas can occasionally get big or be in an area that is causing irritation so they can be removed in these cases.

In either case, if the pain is better and they are not bothering you there is likely nothing to worry about.

|