News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Swollen Glands in my Lower back.

JWC1982 - Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:16 pm

I'm a 24 year old male. I was in a car accident when I was 15 and have had back problems since. I few weeks ago I went hiking and pulled some muscles in my lower back. Later that night, I noticed that there are 2 glands/lymph nodes on my lower back, close to my spine, that are swollen. They are both right at my waiste line. After I pulled the muscles, I contacted my Dr. who prescribed Soma, which I have taken on numerous occasions. The glands/lymph nodes are not sore anymore but are still there. They both feel like small bird eggs and can move around. The one on the left side is quite a bit larger than the other. I've had X-Rays of my back prior to this and there has never been anything to show up. Since the swelling has gone down, is there reason for me to be worried?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 28, 2007 2:45 pm

User avatar It may be that you have some scarring of the muscles from your accident causing the lumps you are feeling. Another possibility is that you have a lipoma (a small fat cell tumor that is benign). Lipomas can occasionally get big or be in an area that is causing irritation so they can be removed in these cases.

In either case, if the pain is better and they are not bothering you there is likely nothing to worry about.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here