News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: hypothyroidism

rsndri - Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:43 pm

I am 49 year old woman. I have a tendency of skin eruption near nails and get blue patches on skin by rubbing against door handle or some other object. There is some swelling on joints also but without rheumatism. Can these symptoms be due to the low activity of thyroid. What specific clinical tests are recommended

Usha
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 am

User avatar Hi Usha,

Hypothyroidism would not be my first thought for these symptoms. The bluish coloring may be bruising beneath the skin.

It is difficult to give you much of an idea as to what may be going on without examining you. You may also need some blood tests done.

I would recommend you discuss your symptoms with your primary care doctor.

Best wishes. Sorry I can't be of more help.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here