News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Is it diabetes?

monmon - Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:47 pm

Im and 18 year old female. Although none of my family has diabetes that I know of, im worried I might. Everytime I drink anything, I have to pee like 12 min later, and then I pee about every 8 min. until I have nothing left to pee. I feel really weak and fatigued, even after I just ate. When I feel like this I also get confused and forget what in doing. The other day I worked out and soon after i had a strong pain in the abdominal area (not a cramp), and it went away as soon as I ate some pretzeles and fruit. And I know the pain wasnt because I was hungry because I had eaten a banana,orange,and granola bar about 2 hours previous to that, and a bottle of green tea through out my work out. I also have noticed that I don't go to the bathroom at night anymore, but I wake up and feel like my blatter is about to burst. I used to always wake up at night when I needed to go, but not it seems like I don't wake up to go, my body just holds it until I wake up. Also, sometimes when I eat sweets I get a pain on my right lower side of my abdomin. Im a very healthy girl though, I work out everyday, and eat VERY healthy. Is this diabetes or am I just noticeing things that are normal and makeing something of them?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:31 am

User avatar Hello,

I would certainly consider getting tested for diabetes if I were you. You may also consider paying a visit to your physician. The fact that you used to wake up to go to the bathroom is particularly important.

Hopefully, there will be nothing, but you are right to be concerned.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here