Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Is it diabetes?

monmon - Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:47 pm

Im and 18 year old female. Although none of my family has diabetes that I know of, im worried I might. Everytime I drink anything, I have to pee like 12 min later, and then I pee about every 8 min. until I have nothing left to pee. I feel really weak and fatigued, even after I just ate. When I feel like this I also get confused and forget what in doing. The other day I worked out and soon after i had a strong pain in the abdominal area (not a cramp), and it went away as soon as I ate some pretzeles and fruit. And I know the pain wasnt because I was hungry because I had eaten a banana,orange,and granola bar about 2 hours previous to that, and a bottle of green tea through out my work out. I also have noticed that I don't go to the bathroom at night anymore, but I wake up and feel like my blatter is about to burst. I used to always wake up at night when I needed to go, but not it seems like I don't wake up to go, my body just holds it until I wake up. Also, sometimes when I eat sweets I get a pain on my right lower side of my abdomin. Im a very healthy girl though, I work out everyday, and eat VERY healthy. Is this diabetes or am I just noticeing things that are normal and makeing something of them?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:31 am

I would certainly consider getting tested for diabetes if I were you. You may also consider paying a visit to your physician. The fact that you used to wake up to go to the bathroom is particularly important.

Hopefully, there will be nothing, but you are right to be concerned.

|