Question: I feel sweeling while yawning

pharmacyboy - Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:06 am

23/m passing with hard time with my health . i had done some blood test and everything was normal except i had a little low wbc (3.2) but most middle eastern doctors told that this the normal in egyptian people but i am crazy i though i had bad disease like cancer or whatever and i started to read the symptoms of such diseases and i start feeling it,i was touching my neck many times checking for the lymph nodes till i started feeling it and i thought it is enlarged and finally i realized when i am yawning i feel as if there is sweeling on both sides of the neck so now i am in the obseesion of thyroid problems even though i do not know if this sweeling is in the thyroid position.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:38 pm

User avatar Hi Pharmacyboy,

The thyroid gland is located about half way down the neck right in the center (above the trachea). If you are feeling a mass on both sides when you yawn it is unlikely to be due to the thyroid gland.

It may be due to some swollen lymph nodes that can happen when fighting off a cold virus. If it persists I would recommend you have your doctor evaluate it.

|