Question: Hormonal imbalance?

d_black - Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:18 am

For about a year now, my husband and I have kind of been trying to conceive but havent't put too much enphasise on it. I've been reading about hormonal imbalances because my sister had this when she was in high school. I do have some symptoms like infertility, always tired, gained weight, and my memory isn't as good as it used to be. I'm only 22 and I'm afraid that I'm not able to conceive. Can this be cured?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:02 am

User avatar Dear d_black,

Are your periods regular? Are you having any breast milky discharge? Are you having regular intercourse with your husband like every 2-3 days for at least a year and during the period during which you are supposed to be ovulating?

Infertility work-up starts with physical examination of the wife and husband both, then a semen analysis of the husband and then checking whether or not the wife is ovulating (and this is the step where hormone levels are checked in the blood) and making sure that the environment where the sperms travel to reach the ovum is not hostile.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped and waiting for your reply.

|