News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Trying to Find Dr that covers adrenal hormones

fairycakes - Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:56 pm

I am having a really hard time finding a Dr. that will take me as a patient in regards to Endocrinology and my DHEA Hormones being elevated. My General Practioner Dr. and my OB/GYN both referr me to Endo, but every Endo I've called to try to set up initial consults say they only cover diabetes, thyroid or fertility. How do I find a Dr. that will deal with adrenal gland hormones?

F

Neutropenia, Factor V Leiden, Elevated DHEA 1012
Migraines - since 18. Multiple mild to moderate dysplatic Nevi skin biopsies - 11 sites biopsied 2 were re-scooped, and 9 have come back with bad results. 1 more re-scooped this past week as well as another new spot biopsied.

Breast Aug, Tummy Tuck, Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy Bunionectomy, Ganglion cyst removal.

2 G Uncles had Alzheimers.
G- Grandmother - Diabetes.
Grandfather - Massive Heart attack Died in his 70's
Grandmother - Lung cancer Died at 73
Mom - brain Aneurism (Berry) Low BP, High Cholesterol.
Dad - Alcoholic Fiberous lesions on lungs, Liver & Kidney.
Sister # 1 - 2 tubal pregnancies resulting in hysterectomy.
Syster #2 - Cystic - abnormal cycles.
Sister # 3 - 3 Strokes, cause unknown. Found mild dysplasia on cervix years ago.
Sister #4 - Presented w/ Stroke symptoms found to have Factor V Leiden. Cysts on Ovaries & Uterous, has had many surgeries to remove cysts.

Currently taking ADHD Meds as well as baby Aspirin and vitamin.

Had a shot (K40) injected into cyst on top left portion of head. 09/12/07

Labs done on 9/18/07

WBC 2. 5
Ab NEUT 1. 1
Lymphs 47
Elevated DHEA 1012

Labs done on 10/3/07
WBC 3. 3
Abs Mono 158
Abs Eos 13

Neutrophil Antibody flow cytometry Neutrophil Ab
Lab test -- None Detected.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:20 pm

User avatar Hi Fairycakes,

This can be a difficult issue. Unfortunately, endocrinology tends to be a busy field so often endocrinologists will choose their favorite issues and only see those because they don't have enough time to see anything else.

Probably the best thing to do is keep calling endocrinologists in your area. If you are unable to find one that deals with these issues you may want to try explaining your situation (that you cannot find an endocrinologist willing to see you) and see if one will make an exception for you.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here