Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: ??? Help, please ???

Beth - Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:51 am

Hello! Im hoping to find some help here...here lately (past few weeks) I've been waking up with nausia. I have a feeling like there is a lump in my throat, similar to the feeling i have before i've had to vomit. About 2 years ago i was having fainting spells, i still get dizzy quite frequently and light headed but i don't think this problem is the same. Yesterday, on the way home from school, i fell asleep on the bus. My bus is very loud. This may mean nothing, i guess, but i've never been able to do that before. Fatigue? Maybe? I take naps from time to time when im suddenly tired. Sometimes i have diarrhea or loose stools, alot after i eat. That has been ongoing for several months though. I had lost about 40 lbs over this year. Today i checked the scales and i was back at 280. Just a month ago i was 260. Very good for me, i've always been an overweight child. I do have little attacks sometimes, where i shake and get very sick at my stomach and become dizzy....my family tells me im hypoglycemic. I have a lot of diabetics througout my family so i have had my sugar level checked before. Its always 80 or 90. Normal, i've heard. My family members have like 200 though! Im not big on sugar, i avoid it as much as possible. Simply because i do not care for it. I would rather eat my rice crispies without sugar rather than froot loops or any similar cereal. I thought maybe my eating habbits could be the cause of this....on weekdays i rarely eat breakfast because im nausias.....i only eat lunch at school occasionally and i always eat dinner at my house. Mom thinks i could be dehydrated because i was having pains yesterday in my leg muscles....and a feeling that was similar to the way your finger feels when its jammed. My mom asked me if i could be pregnant. It is impossible, i am a virgin. I looked up the signs of pregnancy and i do have a few. Nausia, no period(in a while, mine are irregular anyways), increased abdomanial area(i know i've gained weight, don't know how i have, but my stomach feels tight and hard, not normal) fatigue,and the whole stuff coming from the breast if you squeeze. Im not sure how normal that is. There is no possible way it could be pregnancy, i have never had intercourse. I have had dreams where i've been pregnnant and have woke up still thinking it for awhile, then reality kicked in. I've heard of peoples bodies telling it that their pregnant and it goes through the stages ...but no baby. Like fake pregnancy. Im just trying to lay down the possiblities here. My Mom is obsessing that i have diarrhea from time to time, but thats not all....its not the main thing, the nausia is. I have had blood and a mucus looking material in my stools before. Is that serious? The 1st time was after i had surgery. Effect of that maybe? I don't know what is wrong with me......i would appreciate any help you could give me. I have tried to tell you as much as i could in one post. Hope you can help! Thanks for your time, -Beth
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:02 pm

User avatar Hi!

At what age did you begin menstruating? When was your last menstrual period? Where did you have the abscess? Do you have milk secretion from your breasts?

It is important to rule out a pregancny test before going further down the discussion. I feel that a gynecologist would be of the best help for your situation.

bill

|