News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: grow taller at 20

shane - Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:33 am

Hello

I am a 20 year old boy with a lanky body.I am desperate to grow taller as i am just 160cm tall.My short height also makes me feel low in self esteem. I would like to know whether i can grow any taller.And also does taking hormone injection helps?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:15 pm

User avatar Hello,

I do understand your worry. I'm sorry you feel distressed over this.

Most growth hormones are given for other developmental concerns beyond height and usually when quite young. Of course there is a genetic component to height and not a lot we can do to change that. There are documented cases of growth in men after age 20 though it is not typical. I would recommend overall health habits, excellent nutrition, and weight training to build strength and muscle. Try to accept the body you have. Good health is much more important than height. And, the overall measure of a man is much more than physical size. I hope with maturity you will come to be comfortable with this. I would even recommend some therapy to help your self-esteem. Also, develop skills, abilities, and interests that will also help your psyche.

Best wishes to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here