News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: thyroid antibodies

janehson - Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:54 pm

I was diagnosed with Raynauds in April 2002 when I was 42. My ANA was negative then and my thyroid tested fine. Since then I've had lots of muscle and back pains and fatigue and Raynauds continues. In Dec 2003, I was retested for my ANA and it came back positive with thyroid microsomal AB 413 (normal <35). I've gained 20 lbs since Dec 2003 even though I exercise 45 minutes a day and watch what I eat, but my thyroid keeps testing fine. Currently TSH is 1.55 which has been gradually dropping from 1.67 in Dec. T3 Uptake has gone from 35.9 to 33.9 T4, Thyroxine was 8.9 then 8.0 and the last time they did a Free T4 (1.4) so couldn't compare. All of these are in a fine range. Should I see an endrocronologist? Are there further tests that can be done? I really need to lose the 20 lbs, but instead keep gaining. Any suggestions?
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:59 pm

User avatar Hi!

I don't feel that you should be at your endocrinologist for the lab results you've got. They're mostly within normal range. A rheumatologist would be a person to see for your problems.

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here