Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: diabetes

nascarthor - Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:03 pm

my sister has had diabetes since she was 5 she's had to give her slef shots and about a year ago they started her on the pump. but she still cant get her surger in line i need help because thier is on one else in my family to help me with this should i get her to go to a new doctor or should i go with her to her doctor
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:18 am

User avatar Dear Nascarthor,

How old is your sister? Handling an insulin pump even though the perfect situation for a diabetic sometimes requires lots of effort to get the patient who is using the pump very well up to pace and comfortable with using the pump. If your sister isn't a teenager yet, some endocrinologist like to keep the blood sugar levels not under a very strict regimen for fear of low blood sugar which can have very bad effects on the brain.

i think that your sister is followed by an endocrinologist and i think she should be fine. Go with her to her doctor so that you find out exactly what is needed and try to help her achieve those goals as much as you can.

|