News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Loss of self control with hypoglycemia?

Nebula222 - Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 pm

I have been doing therapy and counseling dealing with issues of an on-line addiction and depression.

I was wondering if high-blood sugar could cause loss of self-control because I notice that I am at my worst with my habit when my blood sugar is elevated.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:02 pm

User avatar Hello,
Blood sugar fluctuations can definitely affect behavior. If you find this to be the case for you, it would be wise to try hard to keep your blood sugar in good control. But, you can't really blame your problems on this because it may aggravate but doesn't actually cause the problem.

If you include proteins and complex carbohydrates in your diet regularly, that will help to stabilize the blood sugar. Some people also take a supplement of chromium to help regulate their glucose because it is believed to enhance the action of insulin.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here