News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Swollen feet

Tricia310 - Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:06 pm

Well i am a female 22, non smoker, social drinker in ok health i guess i've never had any health problems, but about a week ago my legs began to hurt really bad, i didn't think any thing of it, because i just started back working out, after about a year of not, then the pain in my legs went away, but two days ago my feet started to swell really bad my ankles, and the lower part of them, it doesn't hurt but it feels very tight...can you tell me what might be wrong??
 serenity22 - Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:53 pm

:wink: Hi!

I'm not a professional or anything but it sounds to me like you are overdoing it when you are exercising. It is ALWAYS good to go to a doctor when you have a medical complaint. Your body is probably not processing fluid properly that is why you have the back up in your feet and ankles. Try elevating your feet and legs more and also see a doctor.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:54 pm

User avatar Hello,
Your complaint is known as edema of the lower limbs. Like serenity22 suggested your body is not processing fluid properly. This could be the result of varicose veins or cardiac congestion, a decrease in albumen content of blood due to severe malnutrition or liver cirrhosis. Renal failure may also lead to lower limb edema. Some women have this condition as part of their premenstrual syndrome. Pregancy is another cause.

You should be evaluated by your physician as soon as possible.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here