Question: Swollen feet

Tricia310 - Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:06 pm

Well i am a female 22, non smoker, social drinker in ok health i guess i've never had any health problems, but about a week ago my legs began to hurt really bad, i didn't think any thing of it, because i just started back working out, after about a year of not, then the pain in my legs went away, but two days ago my feet started to swell really bad my ankles, and the lower part of them, it doesn't hurt but it feels very tight...can you tell me what might be wrong??
 serenity22 - Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:53 pm

:wink: Hi!

I'm not a professional or anything but it sounds to me like you are overdoing it when you are exercising. It is ALWAYS good to go to a doctor when you have a medical complaint. Your body is probably not processing fluid properly that is why you have the back up in your feet and ankles. Try elevating your feet and legs more and also see a doctor.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:54 pm

Your complaint is known as edema of the lower limbs. Like serenity22 suggested your body is not processing fluid properly. This could be the result of varicose veins or cardiac congestion, a decrease in albumen content of blood due to severe malnutrition or liver cirrhosis. Renal failure may also lead to lower limb edema. Some women have this condition as part of their premenstrual syndrome. Pregancy is another cause.

You should be evaluated by your physician as soon as possible.

|