News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Pit Tumor and menopausal

boot2aboot - Tue May 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi,
i have a .9 cm 'non-functioning' pit tumor that was discovered last fall after years of trying to find out why i had fatigue so badly...i also have low blood pressure and bradycardia and this winter i went into sudden menopause ...the OBGYN checked my FSH and estriodol levels...FSH was 73, estridol was 23...down from 180 during pit tumor discovery...i think FSH was around 6....the OBGYN put me on HRT because i couldn't sleep at all, wired and nervous and was hot flashing like crazy...constant...i was put on oral biest 1.25 and progesterone..1mg...daily...i have gained 20 lbs while eating barely nothing to keep the weight off (alternate day fasting and 1200 calories on non=fast days) , my hair is falling out and i noticed liquid from my breasts which i can't touch because they hurt soo badly...i am extremely dizzy and i started my period...i called my endo and OBGYN who both told me to cut the dosage in half...which i did, but i continue to have all these symptoms...do you think something else is going on that i can't tolerate the HRT>??? i feel awful and can barely function with or without it...help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 pm

User avatar Hello,
It can be very difficult to adjust hormones to replicate the body's "normal" functioning. It takes patience and trial and error. Be in touch with your doctors to be sure they understand exactly what you are experiencing. I would suggest a journal where you log everything - how you feel, what you are doing at the time, what you eat, what medications you take, what helps, what seems to hurt or make it worse. Take this with you when you see your doctor. I believe it is probably all related but that it just isn't yet settled. In the meantime, be diligent about eating healthy foods - it can only help.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here