Question: Pit Tumor and menopausal

boot2aboot - Tue May 13, 2008 11:50 pm

i have a .9 cm 'non-functioning' pit tumor that was discovered last fall after years of trying to find out why i had fatigue so badly...i also have low blood pressure and bradycardia and this winter i went into sudden menopause ...the OBGYN checked my FSH and estriodol levels...FSH was 73, estridol was 23...down from 180 during pit tumor discovery...i think FSH was around 6....the OBGYN put me on HRT because i couldn't sleep at all, wired and nervous and was hot flashing like crazy...constant...i was put on oral biest 1.25 and progesterone..1mg...daily...i have gained 20 lbs while eating barely nothing to keep the weight off (alternate day fasting and 1200 calories on non=fast days) , my hair is falling out and i noticed liquid from my breasts which i can't touch because they hurt soo badly...i am extremely dizzy and i started my period...i called my endo and OBGYN who both told me to cut the dosage in half...which i did, but i continue to have all these symptoms...do you think something else is going on that i can't tolerate the HRT>??? i feel awful and can barely function with or without it...help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 pm

It can be very difficult to adjust hormones to replicate the body's "normal" functioning. It takes patience and trial and error. Be in touch with your doctors to be sure they understand exactly what you are experiencing. I would suggest a journal where you log everything - how you feel, what you are doing at the time, what you eat, what medications you take, what helps, what seems to hurt or make it worse. Take this with you when you see your doctor. I believe it is probably all related but that it just isn't yet settled. In the meantime, be diligent about eating healthy foods - it can only help.

|