Question: Feeling hot all the time, weight gain, extra dry skin, etc

Judith Watson - Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:02 am

I am constantly hot, even when others are cool or comfortable. When you touch my face, it feels hot, my hands are always warm. I have gained 40 pounds in the past 6 months. I feel tired, downright exhausted all the time. I have trouble sleeping at least 50% of the time. I have Migraines frequently, but even when I don't have a full blown Migraine I have a head ache most of the time. My skin is extremely dry. My nails are brittle. I have always suffered from chronic constipation. I have had the typical Thyroid tests (blood test), but it always comes back within normal range. This being hot all the time is terrible to live with. If I do any kind of exercise or strenuous work I get so hot that I can barely stand it and my face gets bright red. Even after a cool or cold shower, it takes hours for me to cool down to normal, which is still hot for me. I always get a Migraine any time I do anything strenuos and the hotter I get the worse my Migraine becomes. I am at my wits end as to what to do. Any further tests that should be done? My Dr. is very easy to talk to and I know would be willing to do whatever is needed. I do not have medical insurance, so need to try to keep the tests down to the least expense possible. Would appreciate anyone's suggestions and input.
Thank you so much
Judith Watson
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:38 am

User avatar Hi!

Why are you taking premarin?

bill
 unkn0wn - Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:28 pm

you know its funny the same thing happens to me i try to exercise and i immediatly get red faced and hot and sweaty i also am very warm to hot all the time i get so self conscious about this crap that i don't even go out sometimes feeling that im gonna get all red faced and sweaty. i don't know i feel that maybe this can be all linked together with social anxiety or even high blood pressure who knows all i know is i can see this thing taking control of my life. kinda sux
 marian joyce - Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:31 am

Saw a message from Judith Watson. It sounds a lot like me.
Even when everyone is COLD I feel like I'm a pot boiling on the inside. Hands hot not sweaty. Can't sleep in bed anymore as I'm just too hot. Sleep on top of covers. I don't sleep well either. Usually wake any time between 2am-4am. Often can't get back to sleep. When I look in the mirror, I look wrecked and feel it too. Everything is an effort. I can only do so much housework and then have to stop and lie down as I'm too exhausted to carry on. Even if I get some sleep it doesn't seem to make any difference. Suffer from Lymphodema. Have dry skin. Finger joints often stiff when I get up in the morning and have to unstiffen ankle joints to get moving. I am carrying alot of weight which drives me crazy..and I don't eat much. Have had blood tests done and thyroid test all normal.
This driving me crazy and stopping me living the kind of life I want to. Please can anyone tell me what's wrong with me.
 sherrylo - Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:01 am

I'm a 57 year old female. At the age of 27 I had my last child, and through most of the pregnancy I felt hot most of the time.
My son was born in August, and that August, was one of the hottest on record at that time. I had a C section. Since then I haven't been able to tolerate the heat. Now for the past few years, whenever I try to do anything I get extremely hot. Just standing and folding laundry makes me hot. I get hot just walking to the mailbox. No matter what I'm doing, I have to stop or sit down and wait to cool off. Luckily when going through menopause in my early 40's, I never had one hot flash. This past summer I stayed in the house most of the time with the AC on. It was just to hot for me outside. I have been on blood pressure medication since I was 20 years old. I'm currently taking Cozzar and Atenanol, Allegra, protonox for heart burn, and cellabrex when needed. Past surgeries include 2 C sections and gall bladder when I was in my 20's. My husband thinks if I lost weight I wouldn't be so hot, but I have lost weight before and still got hot when doing normal activities. I would love to walk for my health but I don't because I get unbearably hot. While everyone else is anxiously waiting for summer I'm dreading it's coming because I know I'll be in the house with the AC on. Getting hot like this is preventing me from fully cleaning my house and donig any other normal activities.

|