Question: Testosterone

Fear55 - Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:13 am

I was wondering a few things about testosterone. First thing is, i've been working at lifting weights trying to bulk up, I'm tall and lean, about 6'3 around 175. I keep reading about testosterone, how its a big factor in making gains, i've been working out on and off for a while now, taking protien etc, and see little gains in weight. I'm wondering if my testosterone is low. I don't know if this has any effect on it, but i was sort of a late bloomer i suppose, not really hitting puberty until i was around 17-18. I've read somewhere that, that is because i have low testosterone...? I was thinking of taking a testosterone supplement to get my levels higher, but then I read about all of the side effects of having too high testosterone. I was trying to find information on how to boost levels naturally, by diet...etc, but wasn't totally successful. About the supplements, I was going to try it for a month, and see what happened, I don't think i would get any side effects from that amount of time, but i'm not sure. I was also wondering if sexual activity has any effect on the loss of testosterone.... Sex at least once a day...? I think thats all i have for now... Thanks.
 Fear55 - Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:51 pm

anyone???
 Fear55 - Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:35 am

can no one give me any idea?
 HeavyJ - Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:11 pm

Lifting and making gains is something that can be fought hard in the kitchen. You have to make sure you are eating enough. This doesn't mean your standard 2500 cals per day that you see as your average diet. Everyone is different and you may just need more food. I eat about 3000 cals per day, and that's too lose weight. Keep your carbs for pre-workout meals and one post workout. Then eat protiens and fats. Not getting enough fat in your diet can also cause low testosterone.

Any natural boosters are a waste of money. I did hear that sunbathing your "sack" can raise the levels, but I haven't tried it.

Most people who complain about not making gains in the gym either don't have a proper diet or don't have a proper routine. Just keep in mind that there are several people out there with low testosterone levels (Women, or casterated men) who still make great gains.

|