News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Hypogonadism, undeveloped testes in boy. what treatment?

Acer911 - Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Hello, my little cousin in Bulgaria went to a doctor when he was 9 and the doctor said his testes did not drop so he had a surgery to "drop" one of his testes. Now he is 13 years old and both of them are dropped but the doctor did tests on him and now is saying that his testes are too small. Now he said they could give him two drugs, either Pregnyl or Choragon.
So my question is: Are those drugs proper for his condition and are they effective in helping his condition. And which of the two drugs are better or more effective or more safe?
Also do you have any other suggestions or opinions or any alternatives to taking those drugs?

The doctors in third world countries are very untrustable therefore id like more opinions from anywhere i can get.
Thank You.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:41 pm

User avatar Hello --

The two drugs you mention are actually the same, and are definitely appropriate therapy for this problem. Either should help stimulate some modest growth of probably both gonads. I am unaware of any alternative remedies for this problem, but either of the brands of the drug you mention should be helpful. I hope this answers your question satifsfactorily and I think you very wise to bring this question here. Please follow up with us if needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here