Question: Hypogonadism, undeveloped testes in boy. what treatment?

Acer911 - Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Hello, my little cousin in Bulgaria went to a doctor when he was 9 and the doctor said his testes did not drop so he had a surgery to "drop" one of his testes. Now he is 13 years old and both of them are dropped but the doctor did tests on him and now is saying that his testes are too small. Now he said they could give him two drugs, either Pregnyl or Choragon.
So my question is: Are those drugs proper for his condition and are they effective in helping his condition. And which of the two drugs are better or more effective or more safe?
Also do you have any other suggestions or opinions or any alternatives to taking those drugs?

The doctors in third world countries are very untrustable therefore id like more opinions from anywhere i can get.
Thank You.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:41 pm

The two drugs you mention are actually the same, and are definitely appropriate therapy for this problem. Either should help stimulate some modest growth of probably both gonads. I am unaware of any alternative remedies for this problem, but either of the brands of the drug you mention should be helpful. I hope this answers your question satifsfactorily and I think you very wise to bring this question here. Please follow up with us if needed.

|