Question: unexplainable exhaustion

kailey - Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:55 pm

i would really appreciate it if i could could get some feed back from someone on this following concern.
i have been unexplainably fatigued. I don't have any energy at all -- i feel completely exhausted all the time. this has been going on for a long time --on and off for years. i do bilieve that this is not normal to feel this way -- recently i have been waking up not only still tired (don't even really have the energy without forcing myself to get out of bed) but also my muscles ache and are sore -- sometimes at night when im laying in bed -- my muscles will spasm and twitch throughout my body -- and i don't understand becuase they are nor being over exerted in any way-- im too tired to do anything. i want to talk to my doctor about this but i think that they will just blow it off as they have in the past saying that im over stating my symptoms. i am realllllly fustrated becuase i have a three year old and a husband to try to take care of -- let alone taking care of myself -- and yet i feel like i cant do anything --- the exhaustion overwhelms me.
one more thing that i think is very strange is that -- even though i am completly exhausted -- there are alot of times where i cant sleep. i cant understand this -- how cant i sleep when i feel like this all day -- and then when i do get to bed -- in the morning i feel like complete hell--my joints and muscles are stiff and swollen and i feel sooo tired i could scream sometimes----i would really like to hear others opinions on what my problem mught be and how to bring this subject up (again) to my doctor and get her to understand the seriousness about the way im feeling???
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:07 pm

User avatar Hi kailey,
Have you had any lab work to rule out any underlying causes such as anemia, rheumatoid arthritis, or hypothyroidism etc.? Another thing that comes to mind is Fibromyalgia. Have you been evaluated for any of the above? If all of your lab work and physical exam has come back normal and doesn't indicate another underlying cause, taking into consideration your complaints I would be more inclined to consider Fibromyalgia. Another evaluation needs completed. I hope this helps.
 kailey - Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:37 pm

i really appreciate your input-- i have had lab work done on anemia that was a long time ago and that cam e back alright-- in the past my thyroid has been tested and that seemed within normal range also.
you know the other concerns that i have is that not only do my muscles ache --the also spasm and twitch alot -- unexplainably. i get bad headaches that i have seen a headache doctor for and they have done an mri-- heres the concern i have about that-- my results are fine they said on the mri -- but when i would get the headaches --i always complained about a pulsating throbbing feeling above my eye and side of nose --then it would go to an extreme headache. well i took the mri scans becuase i was supposed to bring them back to the headache doctor--but when i called for the resluts they said they were fine so i didnt go back -- but when i look at the mri-- and bilieve me im no radiologist but i see a bright white figure covering a bright white circle right in the same place my headaches start-- i always heard that bright white shows signs of disease---i am concerned about this because im wondering if i am showing signs of ms--becuase the area that is bright on the mri is the optical nerve area--behind the eye. can you please maybe elaborate on this for me and tell me if im just over thinking --its just with the exhaution and the twitches and and the muscle aches -- i really worry that this is something much more than seen upfront. could that be a normal reading on my mri--it looks like its definitley not right--but yet i feel stupid for questioning it to my doctor. anyone --especially the nurse or doctor i would appreciate hearing from -- thank you so much.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:29 pm

User avatar Hi kailey,
I will foward your post to one of the doctors on the forum that may be able to explain an appearance/result of a MRI.
 kailey - Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:11 pm

thank you i really appreciate you forwarding this on-- in the meantime though i looked up fibromyalgia and i have to say that i do have alot of existing symptoms-- but i get the impression that it is something that many people or doctors take as being not so serious-- almost phycological-- and i would like some clarification on that becuase that is far from what i feel-- thank s-- also until i hear from a doctor can you tell me if you think that with the post i wrote before concerning ms , is that something that you think should even be a concern with my symptoms or no not really -- i don't want to give the impression that the radiologists didnt know what his job was -- but like i said before i took the films right away after the mri was performed and i just wonder if that image was something that was just over looked for whatever the reason was. thanks again-look forward to hearing some news back.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:58 am

User avatar Hi kailey,
The symptoms of MS are varied, depending on which nerves are affected. Some of the signs and symptoms of MS may include: dizziness and loss of balance, fatigue, hand or leg weakness, inflammation of nerves in the eye, localized tingling or numbness, a stabbing pain in the face, visual impairments, including blurred or double vision. As the disease gets worse, other symptoms may develop, such as, bowel and bladder problems, chronic pain, such as back and muscle pain, depression, muscle spasms, which can be quite painful, paralysis, sexual dysfunction, slurred speech and difficulty swallowing, trouble with thinking and memory, visual loss, including blindness etc.
Diagnosis of MS is done by a complete history and physical exam. A cranial MRI may show evidence of damage to the myelin coating of the brain, but keep in mind that one can also have a normal MRI. If in this case, a spinal tap may be done to obtain cerebrospinal fluid is examined for evidence of immune system problems. MS is sometimes diagnosed by ruling out all other possible causes for the symptoms. The basic rule for diagnosing MS has two criteria - two attacks of MS symptoms, at least 1 month apart. More than one area of damage to the myelin sheath of the nerve, without evidence of other disease that could damage the myelin.
As for the Fibromyalgia, don't have the misconception that it's a psychological illness. It's an illness with physical symptoms and the cause is unknown. You may at some point want to check out this website:
http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/
I hope this is helpful.
 kailey - Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:18 pm

well i appreciate you continuing to inform me about these issues--as im sure your aware i have yet to talk to my docotr about this --but as i said before i would appreicae you forwarding these messages to someone that can tell me about what im seeing on the mri--- it would really help ease my mind-- also the main thing i wanted to ask was-- how do i go about talking to my doctor about this without feeling blown off ? many times i have stated how tired i am and have a general feeling of not feeling well and i feel like i get nowhere--i don't want to go to another docotr because i feel like im jumping around all the time --when i call to make an appointment --what do i say i ned to be seen for -- a consultation? it seems like i always feel like a hypochondriac when im in the doctors office unless i have something that be be perscribed antibiotics for. over the years i have had so many tests that its actually ridiculous-- sometimes i feel like noone really hears what im saying -- so maybe you can give me some insight as to the way i should word my symptoms so that my doctor can achieve a full picture. i went on the website you directed me to and like i said beofre i do fit alot of the criteria for fibromyalgia but i have to tell you that i don't always have pain in my muscles and joints--when i press on these points myself i feel some tenderness in some areas but not pain--and not in atleast 11 points-- also my muscles and joints are fatigued and tired normally when i get out of bed in the morning--but recently i notice they get tired from simply beating an egg or something minor like that--i fell my arm is so tired i just give it a rest and then i continue again when it stops feeling tired. im sorry for constantly writing back but until i see the doctor i am just grasping for straws here.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:34 am

User avatar Hi kailey,
When you call the doctors office tell them that you have overwhelming exhaustion, pain etc., and that you recently had a MRI. You would like an appointment to see the doctor and would also like to discuss the MRI results. When you go in, tell him/her your symptoms and then after your exam is complete ask about your concerns. Be persistent! Explain that this has been long standing and you want some answers. By the way, there is no need for an apology, we appreciate you using http://www.doctorslounge.com.
 kailey - Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:31 am

thank you -im going to try and get in sometime this week so ill let you know what is said and being done ---thanks again
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:19 pm

User avatar Dear kailey,
Rntdj forwarded your post to me. It would be wrong to make any conclusions about what you saw in the MRI. For one thing an MRI scan is very difficult to interpret. Even among radiologists, only one with enough experience in MRI would be able to report on the scan. There are many things to be taken into consideration when interpreting an MRI:
1. If contrast is used in the cut you mentioned.
2. Whether the cut is a a T1-weighted image or a T2 weighted image.

Rntdj, has already outlined some of the criteria required to diagnose MS. I assure you that your radiologist will look for the MS criteria when examining a MRI of the brain.
In the MRI diagnostic criteria are as follows:
You need 3 out of 4 of the following (Barkhof et al and Tintore et al):
1 Gd+ (contrast emhanced) lesion or 9 T2 hyperintense lesions
1 infratentorial lesion
1 juxtacortical lesion
3 periventricular lesion (1 spinal cord lesion = 1 brain lesion)

To suspect MS you would need to show two or more seperate neurological lesions that are disseminated in time or space. These need to be objective neurological lesions such as sensory loss, paresis or paralysis etc...

I do not think you have any of those. I got the impression your manifestations were more in the category of lack of volition, excessive fatigue that does not subside on rest. As Rntdj has pointed out, if your tests are all normal and you have excluded most of the organic causes of easy fatiguability then I would consider a diagnosis of depression. Depression does not mean that you do not have anything or that you are insane in any way. It also does not mean that you must have a problem in your social life to be diagnosed with depression. On the contrary, endogenous depression is the worst type and does not result from an external source. Science has demonstrated that depression is a chemical disturbance in the brain cells just as any other disease in the body is. Mind you this does not mean that I have diagnosed you with depression, it would be impossible to do so over the internet. However, I would put it on the top of the list.

If this were to be the case a short course (couple of months) of antidepressants would help alot. Let me know if this has been previously explored. I am sure this possibility must have come across someone elses mind.

Fibromyalgia as Rntdj has mentioned is another possibilty. Again, please take your MRI scans with you and have your doctor evaluate it for you.

kailey - Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:24 pm

thanks for responding to the posts that i have written-- i appreciate your feedback. yes i have taken zoloft 50mg before for long periods of time -- and other antidepressent medicines to see if this is the problem -- but what happens is that the medications actually seem to exaberate the symptoms-- not so much the muscle aches and twitches -- but the fatigue-- i have a really hard time functioning on that medication so i did stop using it. i understand what you are saying about maybe depression being a part of it -- but honestly i don't feel depressed in any way. i had taken the zoloft in the past becuase that was what the doctor thought before might be the problem-- but like i said it actually make my tiredness 20x worse. for some reason when i take that medication -- no matter what time --becuase i switched times to see if that would help-- i would constantly be yawning-- i mean to the point that i would yawn with a feeling of needing to stretch out all the time -- then again and agian --the feeling was alwys there-- it was quite uncomfortable-- i was told that those side effects would subside and after staying on the medications they never did -- and it became unbearable for me. one thing though in the past i was told that i had low b12 levels and i took supplements without much relief--some but not much-- and havent had the levels checked since but still have the problem-- my mennstrul cycle hasd never been right i have gone for a year before without having a period but recently i started to get them once every other month -- and i have to say that before i get it -- i face overwehlming tiredness --where i cannot even function --its unbearable -- so maybe could someone be anemic and times and then somehow other times have ok readings -- just wondering -- thanks again--conc3erning the mri -- i totally agree that im not one to interpret the mri-- i was just wondering becuase i saw something in the same spot as my headaches--it was a bright spot on top of my eyebrowand through the eye socket but who am i to say that was something becuase i was tol,d by my doctor before i had an mri -- that that space in the area im talking about is bone-- so maybe it was just air pockets or something else-- forget that though becuase im not one to interpret that your right-- please let me know though about what i said about the b12 and zoloft thanks
 kailey - Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:40 pm

one other thing i would like to say is in reference to depression-- i guess i would need more clarification on this issue-- becuase i feel sometimes like thats just something that is easily said as a diagnosis-- i mean i feel like i have real issues that need addressed and than becuase i feel i get nowhere then the EFFECT could be that i get down about it -- not the cause of depression making me feel like this-- so please help me understand why you say depression is not something that can be called socially caused or something of that sort -- i realize thats maybe what it looks like and thats why i feel like i have a hard time clarify to my doctors that if depression was ruled out --and that wasnt a reason becuase thats what I FEEL LIKE-- then what else can be causing this -- please claify for me --
 kailey - Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:43 pm

[quote="kailey"]one other thing i would like to say is in reference to depression-- i guess i would need more clarification on this issue-- becuase i feel sometimes like thats just something that is easily said as a diagnosis-- i mean i feel like i have real issues that need addressed and than becuase i feel i get nowhere then the EFFECT could be that i get down about it -- not the cause of depression making me feel like this-- so please help me understand why you say depression is not something that can be called socially caused or something of that sort -- i realize thats maybe what it looks like and thats why i feel like i have a hard time clarify to my doctors that if depression was ruled out --and that wasnt a reason becuase thats what I FEEL LIKE-- then what else can be causing this -- please claify for me why then i feel like i get depressed when im on antidepressents-- if i was depressed then it should help instead of making me feel worse-- when i tried wellbutrin before ---3 years ago-- a week after taking the medication i felt the worst i ever felt i can say that made me go into a depression worse than ever-- so these are things that puzzle me-- im sorry but i just don't understand -- thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:04 pm

User avatar Kailey,
Depression in your case is a diagnosis of exclusion. It can be a cause or an effect as you have stated. Generally however there are two forms of depression:

Reactive depression which occurs in reaction to a social event.
Endogenous depression which is more serious and is the result of a chemical disturbance.

In the past and to some extent today depression is still a diagnosis of exclusion. That is you do not diagnose it as the sole cause of a patient's symptoms except after excluding every possible organic cause by investigations. However, there are strict diagnostic criteria for diagnosis of depression. You may review our depression.htm" class="postlink">depression page for more information on the diagnostic criteria which are no less elaborate than those for say MS above.
 kailey - Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:23 pm

thank you -- i have to say that it makes me feel alot better that you did clarify depression for me in the way that you did becuase i also bilieve that it should be disgnosed as something after all other prospects have been reviewed. unfortunetly, i don't feel like i ever get to give full explanations to my doctor without feeling rushed in and out of the office when i go there-unlike that here on this site --i can have the oppurtunity to explain things in more detail. i really like that becuase i think its important to feel like your heard when you have issues that concern you. anyways i appreciate all that you and the nurse have said to me and the information that you have asked me explore. i will try to go in to the doctor this week if i can get an appointment and i will update here when i hear something. one thing though that i didnt get to hear from you is whether or not you think that a person who is NOT depressed would maybe be more susceptible to feeling the adverse side affects of antidepressent medications -- and whether you feel like being low on b12 is somewhat of any concern. thank you soooo much for constantly keeping me updated and helping me clarify things i needed to understand and look into .. its greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:47 am

User avatar Yes this is a common complaint. Antidepressants making it worse usually means that you are not taking the drug that is 'right' for you. It may also mean that you need a combination of antidepressants. This is usually something that a psychiatrist would have to do. Whether cause or effect I am glad we both agree that you have a depression of some sort. That entails that it should be treated.
The B12 deficiency is quite a significant finding if it were tested using a serum level. If however, this is only speculation from the results of your blood count then it should be repeated and if significant further investigated.
B12 deficiency can be a result of dietary deficiency but can also be the result of more serious issues. Before giving you a whole list of new things to worry about I would prefer if you can put the nature of the B12 test on these posts if available or do a repeat blood count first.

kailey - Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:46 am

well i just wanted to say that i went to my appointment down at the headache clinic and i brought my mri films--and your right they are normal--which im happy because those markings interested me --but i was completely wrong --so thanks. anyways the doctor has made arrangements for me to go to a neuromuscular doctor in a week. so from there i should know more about what really is going on here. heres the question that i did want to ask you--in reference to b12-- if i was taking supplements how long would you think it should take to build my supply back up--and also when you say that its due to dietary well it could be becuase im not a big vegeatable eater-- but other than vegetables i drink v8 juice to get my vitamins--so how defiecient does your diet have to be to be low on b12? also--i read another persons forum and you recommended that their electrolytes be tested--i havent had mine tested in a long time --but i know in the past i was low on electrolytes and potassium--can you let me know if this is also dietary and whats the best way to overcome that. thanks so much for all the help.
 kailey - Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:50 am

kailey wrote:well i just wanted to say that i went to my appointment down at the headache clinic and i brought my mri films--and your right they are normal--which im happy because those markings interested me --but i was completely wrong --so thanks. anyways the doctor has made arrangements for me to go to a neuromuscular doctor in a week. so from there i should know more about what really is going on here. heres the question that i did want to ask you--in reference to b12-- if i was taking supplements how long would you think it should take to build my supply back up--and also when you say that its due to dietary well it could be becuase im not a big vegeatable eater-- but other than vegetables i drink v8 juice to get my vitamins--so how defiecient does your diet have to be to be low on b12? also--i read another persons forum and you recommended that their electrolytes be tested--i havent had mine tested in a long time --but i know in the past i was low on electrolytes and potassium--can you let me know if this is also dietary and whats the best way to overcome that. thanks so much for all the help.
by the way the headaches a migranes. well he said he thinks they are between clusters and headaches hasnt totally determined that yet.
 kailey - Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:52 am

kailey wrote:
by the way the headaches a migranes. well he said he thinks they are between clusters and migranes, hasnt totally determined that yet.
he said he wants to see what happens in neuro dept. before he give me the medication for it to try.
 kat - Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:47 pm

hi Kailey,

i read through your post and your symptoms, hope your feeling a bit better today. im not a doctor or anything just someone else who is using the board. there was some mention of fibromyalgia at the beginning, wat about CFS chronic fatigue syndrome? has this been thought of at all. its different to fibromyalgia (but i don't know much about fibro) because that is more to do with pain in the muscles. there are many symptoms that you can get with CFS slso called ME. i know you said at the beginning that you felt like you were being fobbed off a bit because you've been feeling so unwell and so it seems like it might not be fibromyalgia as that seems more psychological but fibromyalgia and CFS/ME have very physical symptoms and has now been recognised as a physical illness and is neurological under the WHO (world health organisation) definition. i know it can be hard when you see doctors sometimes and it feels like your not being taken seriously, maybe you could ask them about CFS?

take care, Kat xx
 kailey - Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:29 pm

hey thanks for responding to this --well i have thought hightly about chronic fatigue--as a matter of fact i have been saying this for years now--becuase thats how i have felt chronically fatigued--but recently is when i started to experience the rest of the symptoms--thats where my concern is-- but like i said i do have an appt with the neurologist next week and maybe he can enlighten me a bit as to what he thinks--sometimes i just want to scream though becuase i cant understand why noone has ever even suggested this to me before -- i mean i have spent so much time and money on doctor bills that it is sickening--i just hope that soemone can figure something out---the thing is that if it is fibromyalgia--then fine do something--if its chronic fatigue syndrome--then fine do something--if its simple vitamin deficiency then fine0--just let me know--becuase i feel like i have been doing my part to make sure i have the vitamins and trying to watch my eating habits in hope that these symptoms will go away and they havent --so who knows--maybe ill know further next week--i wish someone would tell me though besides the doctors--although i really need their input whether they have experienced this and what they found it to be. thanks for your reply though.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:31 am

User avatar Dietary sources of vitamin B12 are primarily meats and dairy products. In a typical Western diet, a person obtains approximately 5 to 15 mcg of vitamin B12 daily, much more than the recommended daily allowance of
2 mcg. Normally, humans maintain a large vitamin B12 reserve, which can last two to five years even in the presence of severe malabsorption.14 Nevertheless, nutritional deficiency can occur in specific populations. Elderly patients with "tea and toast" diets and chronic alcoholics are at especially high risk. The dietary limitations of strict vegans make them another, less common at-risk population.

As I said earlier if you have results showing a definite vitamin B12 deficiency then it is not enough to just take replacement therapy. A cause needs to be sought. I would go as far as a Schilling test if needed.
 kailey - Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:08 pm

well doctor -- i have recently seen my general pratitioner and i also went to see a neurologist who gave me an emg. so far i had taken the b12 tests again and also other tests ferritin and transferrin and complete metabolic panel-- i have to say that they all came back normal. also tests tsh levels and thats fine too. im at a loss right now as to why i truley feel this way. i have no results from the emg-but they said they didnt see anything to lose sleep over --so i take that as being good also. since i had talked to you last -- i posted another subject that ididnt get response to. please help me undersatnd--for over a week i had numbness on the left side of my face and my face was spasming, pulling on my lower lip, pulling it down , and felt the pulsating in my eye area-i also had during that episode, black spots appear in front of my eye and then felt like double vision on the botoom half of the left eye. the spasms didnt hurt, but they were constant and i felt like my ear was full--i had the doctors take a look at it and they said they cant see anything wrong with my ear--but i did get antibiotics becuase they thought it might be middle ear infection--i also had labrynitits so i was giving antivert (i think thats how you say it) --anyways neurology saw it and said it could be something very serious--or not serious at all. can you tell me why maybe my ear feels like this and why the spasms have calmed down alot--but i still get them suttely. when i had that myleft side of face from forehead through the eye and to the chin felt numb for days--i have no explanation from anyone ,and its something that has really bothered me --all tests are coming out fine, but yet having very strange symptoms along with fatigue, thanks so much.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:24 pm

User avatar Dear kailey,
In medicine there are two categories of symptoms: specific and nonspecific. Fatigue is a nonspecific symptom so are all your other symptoms. These type of symptoms are nonspecific in that they can be due to a multitude of things spanning a range from 'normal' to severely dangerous causes. The attitude in these difficult clinical cases is to conduct a battery of investigations guided by the clinical examination to rule out the serious causes. All your tests came out normal which is great! Now what is left is two options: either this is one of the less dangerous diseases or a dangerous one in a very early stage. There are no clues to work on here. The only option left is a wait and see policy. Sad as it is we do not always have the solution. During this wait and see policy I strongly suggest you visit a psychiatrist as I explained earlier depression is a diagnosis of exclusion and we have basically excluded all the other causes. Even if you did not feel better on your previous therapy I still recommend that you get evaluation by an experienced psychiatrist. There are two reasons which justify this decision:

1. That it is the last thing that we must exclude (especially that the symptoms justify a diagnosis of depression).
2. That depression may be a cause or effect. Meaning that they may the causative disease (cause) or a complication of an unkown causative disease (effect).

While you are taking therapy, you should be followed up carefully for the possibility of new symptoms and signs, as the possiblity of a different diagnosis will always exist. Hopefully, you wont have any symptoms at all while on proper medication.

kailey - Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:38 pm

well doctor-thanks for the response. i agree with you but i also disagree (im sure you figured that) :wink: anyways--i wanted to tell you that its true --maybe im depressed -- but yet if thats the case then this must be something that i have been living with for a long time becuase i do not "feel" depressed in anyway. i understand that i need to rule it out-but i will tell you that anyone that has been around me would tell you that i am the least likely person to seem depressed--and my general practitioner agrees that she doesnt feel it is depression wither-just unfortunetly, for the symtoms--and i understand "nonspecific" happened to not be diagnosed as anything because nothing is coming back on the tests as a "flag." well i do appreciate you keeping in touch with me though and offering your input--i do take into great consideration--my doctor did say though that if i do have chronic fatigue syndrome (aside from the facial issue--the other symptoms) then its hard to diagnose and that normally to treat it anti-depressents are used. that would be fine, but in the past ive tried different ones and i do like zoloft 50mg the best --yet i really feel my tiredness is exaggerated on these medications-so how do i deal with that? also--in response to the face --it could be that i just had some wierd virus i was thinking -- that has never happened before and i hope it doesnt again becuase it was very strange-- in response to a physciatrist--i don't know what i would have to tell one--i don't feel like theres anything abnormal in my life to make me depressed--i don't drink --never have and i don't take drugs--i do smoke cigarettes but don't tell that is a sign of depression :shock: ok well thank you for putting up with me for the last few weeks and the good news is --nothing is showing up to be devastatingly wrong-- and like i said maybe i had a wierd virus before that exaggerated many of my symptoms or something--i have been feeling pretty good latley --last few days and im not as tired so maybe your right --maybe just hearing that everything is fine from the tests has actually made me feel better- and if that is the case then depression is a consideration that ill have to think about--yet its not an easy thing to accept when i cant figure out why i would be. thank you very much i appreciate all your time --now go take some questions from people that really could use your help :lol:
 laststep - Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:49 am

I found this posting, though many years later. I wanted to see if you ever figured this out. I only ask, because you have all of the symptoms of something much simpler then what was mentioned. A food allergy. If you're still experiencing any of these problems, I'm apt to ask... have you been tested for gluten intolerance? I am no doctor, but I have been through similar issues. At one point my doctor and I decided I was depressed, and she prescribed the usual antidepressants to find one that worked. I had a similar problem with this. As I to believe that if you are depressed, there is more to it then taking a pill and calling it a day. I felt my depression was only a result of my lack of sleep, and constant pains. The insomnia was interrupting my routines, making me late for work, or irritable with others. The point is, I understood what you were trying to say.

|