Question: hypothyroid and adrenal questions

Shelly - Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:09 pm

Hello I have a few questions in regards to my health problems..
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism roughly 8 months ago in the that time frame I have tried several thyroid medications and all of them seem to have made me worse instead of better...I have tried synthroid, levoxyl, levothroid, and nature throid.Currently I am on 30 mg of nature throid which has made my anxiety and panic attacks worse so thus my dr is in the process of swapping me back to levoxyl.
My question is do you think i could possibly be suffering from adrenal problems? Since the thyroid meds are making me worse or is this just my anxiety playing a role on me?
I had a cortisol test done I will give you my results and maybe you can give me your opinion.. One thing I forgot to mention was the morning i was going for my cortisol test i took a xanax so im not for sure if it altered my test results are not....
Here it is.......8:30 Am 15.5 ...ranges 5 - 25 / 3:30 pm 14.7 ranges 2.5 - 12.5
Also when treating the thyroid about how long does it take for you to feel better or does it really depend on the person? Thank you for your time... :wink:
 CindySimpson - Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:43 pm

The symptoms take a LONG TIME to go away, and keep in mind, some symptoms don't ever go away. Also, it takes a long time to regulate this hormone. So give it a year or two and keep getting your TSH checked every 2-3 months.

|