Question: Mass in my neck around the thyroid.

staceyb.241958 - Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:38 pm

I recently went to my primary physician for my yearly exam and asked him about a "lump" that I happened to have noticed a few weeks earlier. He said that he wasn't sure what it was, it could be a cyst or a parathyroid mass. He said I should see an ENT physician, referring me to someone. After reading information on this and other web sites, I'm wondering if I should go straight to an Endocrinologist. Am I wasting time with a step that seems unnecessary, both in time value and monetary value?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:35 pm

I feel that a 'necessary' step is always better to consult with your GP first. He/she will be able to certainly direct you to the right person.
From your query, i can only guess that you have a 'lump', perhaps in the front of your neck(neck is anatomically a fairly 'wide' area).
I, for example, don't know its size, how it feels, its mobility, its relationship to the thyroid etc.
It will be kind of you to supply a little more detail so that we can try to respond better.

|