News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: hashimoto's and abdominal pain

darkhorses73 - Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:37 pm

I was diagnosed with hashimoto's 7 months ago and after taking 100mg oroxine daily my levels are back to normal. I am experiencing abdominal pain if I press down to the left of my navel. Last night I felt like vomiting and felt as if I was about to faint before I sat on the floor. My bowel movements are normal. Occasionally I feel "hungover" even though I rarely drink. Last month I had an unexplained rash on my neck, stomach and thighs for a few days.

I would appreciate any comment thank you
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:28 am

User avatar Hi,
The abdominal pain that you mention is non-specific and could be due to may causes.

You mention about an unexplained rash which occured sometime in november 2009.

Levothyroxin is known to cause abdominal pain, cramps, nausea and vomiting.Also it is known to cause skin rashes(may be itchy).

Therefore,It may be worth starting with a suspicion of a drug-induced problem (in your case, the levothyroxin).
Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here